Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Happy First Birthday, RCG!

On October 10, 2014, I hit publish on my first blog post and thought "well, okay, so...there it is" and looked around, as if someone was going to say something or throw confetti at me (hmm, weird, that didn't happen). Well, last weekend, Rose Colored Glasses turned one and, honestly, I felt a surge of pride that it has survived this long! 


I originally started this goofy thing because I wanted to be a better writer, mainly so I would dread writing school papers a little less (and that worked!). Giving myself the opportunity to write about things I'm actually interested in opened up this creativity and vocabulary I didn't know I had.

 The most typical fear for blog maintenance is not knowing what to write about. I've typed the phrase "blog post ideas" into the search bar on Pinterest more times than I'd like to admit. But then, I just think of what's been on my mind that week, what movies I've been watching, or what my friends and I have been debating recently. Small and simple things usually come to mind, and I just start typing. 

This primitive process brought y'all these top 5 RCG posts from the last year:


What is your favorite post so far? I'd love to know!

I want to say a big ol' THANK YOU for reading what sometimes feels like nonsense from my hopeless romantic, quirky, and random brain. I hope you leave this blog each time with a grin on your face, a happy thought in your head, and rose colored glasses over your eyes. Y'all come back, now, for another great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment