Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Write This Down

I believe there's value in keeping a journal, and I prefer it to be handwritten. I love being able to see someone's penmanship on a page, knowing it could only be produced by that one person putting pen to paper. The record of details from everyday life that seem insignificant now could be interesting and different to your future family, perhaps long after you've gone. It's an intimate peek into a person's mind that is unfiltered, honest, and a reflection of their true self. 

I have a dear friend who is a rock star at keeping a journal, and when she extended this challenge to the both of us, I accepted with excitement, wondering how we hadn't done one of these before. Starting tomorrow, the first of the month, we will follow these prompts each day in our journals for 30 days. Some will be brief, some will be challenging, and some might surprise us. 


I'm looking forward to the memories I will be able to pull from the archives of my life, and seeing the power that comes with devoting time to a single, small idea. This will give me something I have to do every day, once a day, and I will have to sit down to do it. Would you like to join us? When the 30 days is up, I'll do a recap of the challenge, including what I liked, learned, and what I would add or subtract to the list. If you're going to do it too, let me know in the comments! I'd love for this to be a team effort! Happy journaling.

2 comments: