Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Favorite Time Waster

By now, I'm sure you've noticed that I'm a hopeless romantic. All the sappy things, please! That stuff absolutely works on me, from Hallmark cards, to cheesy ABC Family Christmas movies, to predictable Nicholas Sparks love stories...they all get to me. *sigh* Well, about two years ago, my other friend who loves love (hi Mackenzie!) and I discovered wedding videos, engagement videos, and love stories, recorded of regular people by videographers. We haven't looked back since!

People hire videographers to film their wedding day, some make what's called an engagement trailer, and a few make a video of their love story (my favorite). It's such a unique way to document a special time for a couple. Imagine how cool those will be to watch in 50 years with their grown children. And, they're just so pretty. Those folks behind the lens know what they're doing. I have a few choice videographers, including Brinton FilmsKale Fitch Films, and Haugen Creative.

It's like a fairytale setting, but with regular people and under 10 minutes. I think that's what I love most about them--it's the kind of love you see in movies, but it's real people with real stories who really love each other. I love hearing the story behind their falling in love, and reveling in how wonderfully ordinary it was. People really do fall in deep, true love in real life.

Here are some of my all-time favorites, in no particular order:

Chris + Whitney Full Love Story
My friend and I can quote this one, that's how many times we've seen it (love you Salty). Now we always laugh when we see a Yogurtland. And yes, he really does look like Christopher Reeve, don't you think?

Taylor + Kelsey
Favorite line: "I figured that one day I would just eventually settle with somebody that was okay and would work; but, you have completely blown my mind since day one and I will always love you."

Hailey & Brad: NYC Bridal
These two...they're my fave. They go on so many adventures and make beautiful videos of them all! Check out her blog here. He's British, they're LDS, and they know how to have fun. So much goodness!

Alex & Chip
I know, she's so gorgeous! This one makes me want to go to a beachside fair, of course. Also, the bike silhouette shot?! Swoon.

Ryan + Eden Highlights
She waited for him on his mission, and their reunion video makes me cry, it's so darling. They are beautiful people who had a beautiful wedding! I love how fun-loving this one is and how happy they look.

WARNING: These videos can suck you in for hours at a time. But, they will be blissful hours, I'm tellin ya. The sweetest 'waste of my time' I've found on the internet. If I'm having a bad day, I will watch some of these, because they make me grin and feel better. I know that may be silly, but love is a miraculous thing, and it helps restore my faith in people and in the world.

Which one was your favorite? Let's gush over them together!

No comments:

Post a Comment