Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Overheard at School

A college campus is a melting pot of talents, cultures, and personalities. This means that if you perk up your ears a bit, you'll hear some interesting stuff! That's just what I did towards the end of spring semester. When they were speaking English, I found myself momentarily eavesdropping on conversations of passersby...and oh, they made me grin! Several comments made me think, "what on earth could you be talking about with a line like that?" They were too good not to share. I hope they make you grin, too.
  • "Have fun cramming!" -kid exiting the library during finals week. Classic. 
  • "Good thing you don't live in the same country--that'd be awful!" -guy on the phone, said in all seriousness.
  • "You don't even like meatballs!" -girl on FaceTime.
  • 1: "Well I hope there's enough chips to feed a whole class." 2: "I got the party size..." *suddenly concerned that the chip maker's idea of a party does not match up with his class population*
  • "I crapped number 11. Completely." -girl walking with two male classmates

Wait, what? I had to hold in the mischievous laughs as I typed these little snippets into the notes on my phone. What have you overheard lately? Public transportation is full of gems and the grocery store can be great, as well. However, I really do think college campuses win. Listen up, y'all. People are funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment