Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Such a Grown Up

Do you ever have those moments where you feel so dang proud of yourself for the dorkiest things? You know, when you feel like such an adult and you do a little fist pump in your head? I do, and they are sweet, tiny affirmations for me every time. I feel like such a grown up when...

my car is clean inside and out
the laundry is done (AND folded)
I book a doctor's appointment
I make plans for my finances
I go to the airport
my room is clean and organized
I cook a decent meal
I write a check
I say "let me check  my schedule"

 Yes, they're small, and yes, they're things I should just be doing all the time, anyway. But I believe in celebrating little victories. Growing up doesn't happen overnight. Be proud of yourself!

 


2 comments:

  1. I also feel this way when I successfully get something repaired. The process is sometimes painful, but the pay off is nice.

    ReplyDelete