Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

PART 2: Overheard at School

An old favorite is back--Overheard at School! (See part one here.) Strolling a diverse campus like the one I attend guarantees some interesting conversations; however, I'm only within earshot for one or two lines, and the lack of context makes me both laugh and wonder. See what I mean with these little bits:
  • "Any place that has a buffet AND sushi kinda scares me a little." 
    • A valid concern, really.
  • "I'm gonna get a 140% in that class." 
    • Yeah, okay. 
  • "Like, are you using eye drops or anything?"
    • Aw, concerned friend. Or maybe daughter?
  • Girl: "Are you official with that one girl?" Boy: "Weeeeee broke up over the weekend." 
    •  Although I was just on my way to class and minding my own business while walking behind them, I suddenly felt like an intruder and could feel the awkwardness encircle me, too. 
  • "I'm definitely all about the George Foreman." 
    • As opposed to...?
  • "We're doing 'Giraffes Can't Dance.'" 
    • Whatever that is.
  • *Just turned in a huge, end-of-semester project, walking out of the classroom* "Does Netflix still exist? Because I haven't watched it!"
    • Oh, so sassy. Also, what a Millennial thing to say, ha!
  • "Otter Pops?! That's fun." 
    • Mmm now I want one. (A pink one, because they're the best.) 
  • "Is it good to die?" 
    • Whoa, y'all. Deep. 

Which one is your favorite? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment