Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Netflix Gold

Thanks to some great recommendations from like-minded friends, I have enjoyed some of the best Netflix has to offer recently, and I just have to share for your viewing pleasure.

Prison Break
I've been hearing about this show for years and finally decided to give it a go. First (and obviously most important), I gotta say that Wentworth Miller, our scheming architect-turned-prisoner is babe soda (for starters, his name is Wentworth!!). He's actually competing with JJ Redick for the spot as my number one celebrity crush. THIS IS BIG, PEOPLE. Dem blue eyes straight up distract me from the show, and I've had to rewind multiple times. Anywayyyyy...second, it's a well-written show! Not too hard to follow, definitely not predictable, and full of interesting characters. It's also a great balance between gritty and graphic. I was worried it'd be gruesome or inappropriate, but for me, it's respectfully done. I don't cringe while watching it, ya know? I'm excited to see what happens to my boy Wentworth. 



High Strung
This, this, is why we give random movies on Netflix a chance. The acting is terrible, but they're legit when it comes to their talent. He's a brooding, mysterious violin prodigy, and she's an elite ballerina. No dance doubles here. So yeah, their acting is sub-par, but I don't even care because their skills are so beautiful presented on the screen! It's a good story and entertaining AF. At the end scene, all the feelings happened. I was straight up moved by this random, unknown movie! Give it a watch, y'all. (The movie poster alone is ridiculously wonderful.)




Christian Mingle
Gretchen Weiners, I mean Gwenyth Hayden, has a materially perfect life; but, as we all do, she wants to find love! (Shocker, I know. But stay with me.) In the hopes of finding a truly decent guy, she joins online dating site Christian Mingle. Her first date with cutie Christian guy Paul goes so well that she lies to his face the whole time about her dedication to The Lord. It's cheesy and adorable and an interesting take on the typical made-for-tv romantic comedy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment