Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Lately...


Ina Garten's NYC Apartment
Oh, Ina. I love her so. She is better known as the Barefoot Contessa on Food Network and my mom and I are a liiiittle obsessed with her. Recently, she and husband Jeffrey paid a cool $4.6 Million for this Park Avenue two-bedroom and it's all sorts of dreamy (the grand piano! The built-in bookshelves!). And don't worry, they still have homes in the Hamptons and Paris. Their glamorous life is a little unsettling but mostly just swoon-worthy. Gah. (Follow the link to see what I mean!)

JCrew's Blog












 


It's such a unique view into the world of JCrew creativity, and it reminds me why they are such a respected, global brand. (And, honestly, it helps me understand where the higher prices come from, which I appreciate.) They do a #jcrewchallenge where a certain color or print has to be worn every day for a week, like you see in the photo. The blog often features a designer of theirs or shares different ways of styling the same item. They are an interesting organization full of diverse people and ideas, and the blog posts are charming and well-written. Let me know what you think of it!

"Chip On Your Shoulder" from Legally Blonde: The Musical
This is the ultimate pep talk in the form of a song. I truly find it so inspiring and listen to it when I need a little kick in the butt to get to work, whether at my desk or at school. (By the way, the entire musical is on YouTube. I watched and really enjoyed it!)

My Library Card
Yes, I'm being serious. A couple of weeks ago, it only took about 60 seconds to sign up for my library card downtown, which also gives me access to seven (!) other libraries in surrounding areas. I am so excited, I've been telling everyone I got a library card, haha! I mean, I can rent books (I currently have the book pictured, by the same author who wrote The Devil Wears Prada), movies, ebooks and more for free. The checkout/return process is a dang breeze with touch screen kiosks, taking less than 30 seconds, and I can return items to any of the seven branches. I highly recommend getting one! Did I mention it's free?! I really like free, so I thought you might too. ;) I never want to pay for a RedBox again!

Hamilton: An American Musical
Yeah, I know, me and the rest of the world. BUT FOR GOOD REASON! Please excuse the all caps, it's just the only way I know how to express my love for it. I have been listening to it constantly on Spotify Premium (told you it was worth it) and am endlessly impressed by it. That Lin-Manuel is brilliant, clever, and entertaining. Give it a chance if you haven't already! If you already love it, what are your favorite songs?! Let's geek out together, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment