Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

IMDb

That’s Internet Movie Database. AKA the most loved app on my phone. If you don’t have this app, give it a whirl and see what you’ve been missing! I take full responsibility for your new addiction. It’s worth it. You can look up a movie, documentary, TV show, actor, director, producer, soundtrack…you name it. In searching for a person, IMDb will show you their entire career’s work in various roles in film, theater, or production. It’s like Facebook stalking a celebrity. This comes in handy when you’re watching a movie or show and think, “how old is he now, anyway?” or, “isn’t she the mom in xyz?”

I don’t exaggerate when I say I use this app (almost) every day of my life. When I go see a movie in theaters (which is only on Tuesdays, when it’s $5), I look it up on IMDb directly after and read all the trivia. I look up TV shows and Netflix movies I watch, trailers I see. Maybe that’s sad? …Nope, I don’t care.

Things I've learned through IMDb recently:
  • ·         Jack O’Connell (star of Unbroken) and I have the same birthday.
  • ·         The cast of “Friends”, near the end of the show, earned $1 million each, per episode, and one cast member never made more than another.
  • ·         Aquamarine came out in 2006.
  • ·         Julia Roberts made $15 million for Notting Hill, the same amount her character made for her last film, as she announces during a dinner scene.
  • ·         The part in Pretty Woman where Richard Gere shuts the necklace case on Julia Roberts’ hand was improvised.
  • ·         Chris Pine was really embarrassed about singing in front of the cast for Into the Woods, and said he held back in rehearsals because of it.
  • ·         Reese Witherspoon is under 5’ 2”.
  • ·         Damian Lewis, who plays Major Winters in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, is BRITISH! 


There is so much (superfluous) information just waiting for us! You think you’re a real fan of [insert actor’s name]? Go read their quotes and trivia on IMDb, then call yourself a genuine creep, a true supporter. Enjoy all the useless facts, and have fun impressing your friends with your uncanny familiarity with shows and celebrities.

1 comment:

  1. No shame girl! I'm addicted to this app too. But after your post I'll be checking out the trivia section more. Some good lil nuggets of information there! I should look it up for all my favs.

    ReplyDelete